Updated as of April 29, 2020
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information We Collect
The type and amount of Personal Information we collect about you depends on how you use the Site or Services. We may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Contact information and preferences: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and contact information for your family or next of kin;
- Biographical and demographic information: date of birth, age, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, marital status, and sexual orientation;
- Health and medical information: information about your physical and mental health conditions and diagnoses, treatments for medical conditions, genetic information, family medical history and medications you may take (including the dosage, timing, and frequency);
- Payment-related information we need to complete a transaction: your credit card number, financial account information, or medical insurance information;
- Username and password that you may select in connection with establishing an account on our websites or mobile apps;
- Your photograph, social media handle or digital or electronic signature;
- Publicly available information;
- Internet activity, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing history, your search history and information on your interaction with the Site and our advertisements;
- Information about the device from which you access our Site or Services;
- Geolocation data, e.g., your physical location or movements; and
- Inferences drawn from other personal information listed above, to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
How We Collected Personal Information
We collect certain information, including Personal Information, from and about Site users as follows:
Directly from You:
In various places on the Site, we request information from you via forms. The Site includes certain features for your benefit that will not function properly unless we collect and use Personal Information. For example, you can contact us through the Site, but in order to respond to your request we will need you to provide us with your contact details. You may also include Personal Information in messages you send to us via the Site, and that Personal Information may include information related to a medical condition or other indicia of health.
We may also ask for information about your location and medical needs to assist with finding a physician and may, with your consent, collect and pass on Personal Information in order to provide qualified physician recommendations. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide requested Services, and you may not be able to access certain functionality and features of the Site.
Information We Receive from Your Use of the Site and Services
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
You may see the list of Isoray and selected partner cookies on our website and make choices about those cookies by visiting our Cookie Consent Tool, by clicking on “Cookies” at the bottom of the page. In addition to our Cookie Consent Tool, most browsers allow you to manage cookie preferences. If you decide to disable cookies on our site, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features once you have done so. Except for cookies that are essential to the operation of this website (Essential Cookies), you may make choices about the cookies on this website. Please note that if you choose to manage cookies on our websites, the Tool will place a cookie on your device to allow your choices to be honored. We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser at this time.
If you use your Facebook, Google, or other social media account to log into the Site, we will use information from such third party service only as necessary to authenticate you and to use your third party account credentials to login to our Site. Depending on your settings with the third party service, the third party service may send us or the vendor that operates the Site additional information that we do not request or use. If this is the case, we will promptly dispose of all such unnecessary information.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see ads, but they may not be as relevant to you.
Log File Information
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”).
We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you, which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to help secure the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site’s function and content.
How We Use Personal Information
How we use your Personal Information depends on how you interact with our Site or utilize our Services. Generally, we use Personal Information to:
- Provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Services and better understand our customers;
- Contact you in connection with our Services and, events or offerings that you may have registered for or that may be of interest to you;
- Provide you with information regarding our products and the Services;
- Introduce you to physicians or healthcare providers when requested;
- Process payments;
- Evaluate how you and other users interact with our Site;
- Invite you to participate in surveys about our Services;
- Respond to your requests;
- Protect and enforce our legal rights in our Site or Services;
- Maintain and ensure the technical functionality and security of our Site;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use Personal Information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We will not disclose Personal Information to third parties other than as provided below or at the time of collection of your Personal Information. We may disclose Personal Information:
- Healthcare Providers. With your consent, we may disclose your Personal Information, including Health Information, to qualified physicians and healthcare providers for administrative and healthcare services.
- In the Event of a Merger, Sale, or Change of Control. We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; (iv) protect against harm to our or third parties’ rights, property or safety; or (v) establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Information Security and Security Measures
You should know, however, that no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. As such, we cannot guarantee that our standard measures will prevent a third party from circumventing our security measures and unlawfully intercepting or accessing transmissions or private communications, or where an error may occur in the administration of the Services. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. As such, we recommend that you use caution whenever submitting Personal Information online or through a mobile application.
Depending upon where you are located, you may have the right to access, amend, erase, export, or object to or restrict the processing of Personal Information collected via our Services. If you wish to exercise these rights, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Isoray Medical, Inc.
350 Hills St., Suite 106
Richland, WA 99354
Attn: Privacy Officer
We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
The Services do not include any features that allow a third party to, and we do not, track users of our Services, in personally identifiable form, over time and across third party websites. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action on the Services with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services.
Generally, Isoray is neither a “Covered Entity” nor “Business Associate” to Covered Entities as those terms are defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its regulations (“HIPAA”). In limited cases when required by law, we will enter into “Business Associate Agreements”, and abide by all legal requirements of such agreements. When we participate with a third party which operates and maintains a personal health record (“PHR”) which is subject to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Health Act of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, we require that they shall abide by any federal regulations applicable to PHR related entities.
We do not direct our Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information, we take commercially reasonable steps to remove such information.
You may also contact us at:
Isoray Medical, Inc.
350 Hills St, Suite 106
Richland, WA 99354